Floorboards are a heritage to many London and UK households and we specialise in restoring it. Our floorboards sanding services in Barnet include refinishing, repairs, staining and gap filling. Floorboards can suffer a lot during the years as they are very base of the floor in many houses built last century and older. Every sanding service normally goes through re-nailing / re-fitting and replacement of boards, which has suffered serious damage. Sometimes repairs of floorboards may not enough for achieving solid floor but works beneath the floorboards. These are tackled on joists level and are part of our flooring services.
Floorboard repairs are carried out only with reclaimed or seasoned pine, so it can match as close as possible the existing boards. There are different types of pine, so we will do our best to recognise and supply relevant boards species. For fireplaces which are no longer required, we will remove the fireplace heart and supply seasoned pine boards to restitch the area in the best possible way. Floorboards can be stained to various colours - from dark deep chocolate colour to shades of brown-red and even greys and transparent whites. Old pine timber can look amazing after a proper restoration procedure.
Wood Floor Finishes we use for Achieving Flawless Results
Choosing the right finish is a very important decision you should make. In order to decrease the stress for you, we are happy to recommend you what type of finish will best match your floor, your requirements, the specifics of your household or the commercial setting you work at. Here are some of the finish products we use often because of their amazing quality and lasting power:
- Bona Mega – The perfect choice for lacquered floors, available in matte, satin, gloss, and high gloss options, as well as in natural and unfinished look.
- Bona Traffic HD – Quick-drying lacquer that provides commercial-grade, extra durable protection for your wooden floor and protects it from high traffic and heavy footfall. Available in matte and satin.
- Bona Classic Primer – The perfect choice for light colouration of the wooden floorboards and for producing a high-elasticity, well-bodied surface.
- Bona Prime Amberseal – Low VOC and quick-drying primer for achieving amazing intensity and richness of warm-coloured wooden floorboards.
- Bona Prime Deep – Low VOC primer for enhancing the natural grain and pattern of the floorboards.
- Bona Prime Intense – A water-borne primer for a medium to the intense colouration of unfinished wooden floorboards.
- Junckers Strong – High-quality, quick-drying lacquer for domestic use, available in matte, satin, and gloss.
- Junckers BasePrime – Quick-drying primer suitable for light-coloured wood floors and adding a light golden hue.
- Junckers HP Commercial – Quick-drying, extra-durable lacquer suitable for commercial use, high traffic, and heavy footfall. Available in matte, satin, and gloss.
- Junckers PreLak Primer and White Primer – Water-based and quick-drying, with no additional shade or white shade.
- Junckers HP Professional 625 – Solvent-based lacquer for domestic and commercial use. Ensures extreme durability and hard-wearing protection. Available in matte, satin, and gloss.
- Loba WS Easy Prime – Primer for strong and optimized adhesion between the wooden floorboards and the finish. Reduces side-bonding, fast-drying.
- Loba WS Viva One Component Lacquer – Easy to apply, fast-drying, water-based, suitable for hardwood and parquet floors. Available in matte and semi-gloss.
- Loba WS Fusion Two-Component Lacquer – Water-borne finish with polyurethane resins. Easy application, excellent wear resistance, designed for hardwood, parquet, and cork flooring.
Please, feel free to call on 020 70360622 for more information about our floorboards sanding service! Contact us today and get a free and non-obligational site visit plus a quotation. All services offered and delivered by the company are covered by our Floor Service Guarantee and a comprehensive Public and Treatment Risk Insurance.